Monday, May 13, 2013

Jessica & Ben: ENGAGED!

Hi everyone!

April proved to be a busier month than expected - but doesn't that always seem to happen? :) I had my photography show at the EDIT gallery in Richmond (to be shared in the next blog post!), I was the second shooter at a wedding with the amazing Stephanie Messick, I did engagement photos for my friends Jessica and Ben, and I finished student teaching! I am happy to say that I have now graduated with my Master of Arts in Teaching degree from JMU, and I am getting married in less than one month!! There are big changes happening in my life right now, but they are all very exciting, and I look forward to see how God transforms me during this time. Within these changes, I am making a commitment to make my photography more of a priority this summer and beyond!

That being said, I am so pleased to introduce Jessica and Ben to you! Our friend Allison introduced me to Jessica when we had P.E. together in 10th grade, and we were instant friends :) We got to know Ben as his brother Russell started dating our friend Heaven. We have all grown closer to each other in the years since then; Heaven and Russell got married in 2011, and now Heaven and Jessica get to be sisters when Jessica and Ben get married early next year!! I was SO excited when Jessica asked me to do she and Ben's engagement photos, and it was so much fun spending the day with them!

Since Ben has been training for the United States Coast Guard, he wore his uniform and looked very dapper. Jessica got all fancied up and looked GORGEOUS as always!! Please enjoy the photos from our day in Norfolk at the waterside and in the Botanical Gardens :)


















They brought this rope for "tying the knot" pictures....
SUCH a cute idea!!




















So fun :)




Hahaha - the goofy side of Ben had to come out at some point!



Much of the time, the best photos are NOT posed.








LOVE these! Jessica and Ben look so classic!


 Haha, we found some random weights sitting on the ground... 









Her ring is so beautiful!
































Thank you for taking the time to look through the photos, and big thanks to the amazing couple! I really look forward to photographing Jessica and Ben's wedding early next year!!

If you'd like to see an earlier engagement shoot I've done, check out Haley and Michael's shoot.

Keep a look out for a blog post containing my photos from the EDIT show (for sale) and - since I'm getting married and my name is changing - a brand new blog site, coming up soon!

Thank you, and God bless!
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment